Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pippi!

I recently applied to be on a Swedish game show called The Great Swedish Adventure. I picture it like The Amazing Race, but confined to Sweden. They make you do crazy things, they want to see drama, and in the end, you would have a chance to meet relatives you didn't even know existed.
Well, when you're bordering on unemployed and would love to travel, why not apply for a show that would make fun of Americans on Swedish TV! Sounds like a plan to me!
While I was working on my application profile I had my mom scan and send me a photo...
Weren't we cute!!?? In case you can't tell, the tall one is me, and Mel's sitting down. This was at a Pippi-themed pancake breakfast at the Nordic Heritage Museum in Seattle. I remember it being a distressing morning, because I was definitely the most authentic-looking Pippi in the room, but everyone else kept getting stickers and prizes!
Last month I found a DVD copy of The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking (1983?), which I sent to Mel for her birthday. As I understand it, she tore open the package this weekend and watched it right away.

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha, I love it! you were a pretty legit Pippi!

    ~Katie

    And thanks for the blog advice, I'll look into blogger

    ReplyDelete