Thursday, July 7, 2011

...

July hit San Diego with a vengeance and for the last week we’ve had nothing but hot, sticky weather at the Zoo. Today I skipped putting on my sunscreen, knowing that the 80 degree heat at 10 am and high humidity would do nothing but make me feel slimy all day. Today I gave 5 tours in the 5.5 hours that I worked—each tour takes 45-50 minutes, so you can see I was pretty busy! I need the work right now. It’s a very welcome distraction from thinking about my breakup with Michael on July 3. After a number of long talks, and lots of frustration about the two of us being hundreds of miles apart until some unknown point in the future, we decided to end our relationship. It wasn’t easy, it doesn’t feel good, and I have many moments every day where I can’t quite believe it’s really happened. Right now I’m even having trouble with that “It’s for the best” sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren -
    David and I broke up on July 1st for the same reason. He'll be in Indiana for the next 6 years...if you want to talk about it I'm here for you! Sorry to hear about the break-up, you two were together so much longer than David and I. I can only imagine how strange it must feel to now be apart.


    Hope you are okay!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete