Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Visits

The last week has been very eventful--Aunt Carol arrived on July 23 to spend  few days in San Diego, and my mom and sister arrived on the 24th. They visited the Zoo and rode on my tour bus, we spent a morning exploring Balboa Park, spent a few hours at Seaport Village and on the Midway, and mom and Aunt Carol spent more than a few hours looking at family photos and hearing stories from Aunt Doris.


Mel and I found this cute cutout in the Children's Zoo.

On the 28th Mom, Mel and I went to the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park. The day started with a Caravan Safari, where you sit in the back of stake bed truck and cruise around the large field exhibits for two hours. We got to feed giraffes and rhinos! While at the Safari Park I was sure to point out the areas that I worked in last summer, making sure to show mom the gardens that I spent so many hours in.


Giraffes!



Feeding lorikeets at the Safari Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment