Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just another rainy day


With the first day of spring coming up soon we're getting a final lashing of wintry weather. We  had some snow today, and a bit of hail, but a good part of the day was spent in total downpour.
I had a rather cinematic episode this morning as Alice and I were getting ready to go for a walk. She was bouncing around on the porch, eagerly waiting for me to walk her down the driveway, clip the leash onto her collar, and start our little jaunt. I turned my back on her to lock the door, and heard a strange noise. It had gone from absolutely clear and dry to torrential downpour in seconds--that strange noise was the sound of thousands of raindrops hitting the porch all at once. So much for our walk. Shelving our disappointment we went back inside and found something to watch on tv. The rain worsened, and I was glad we hadn't gone outside. Then, just as suddenly as it had started, I looked out and realized it was no longer raining. Not a drop. Without wasting a second I put my jacket, hat, and gloves back on, leashed Alice, and we were off! While I was waiting for it to start raining the whole time we were out, we did not have another spontaneous downpour and made it home, safe, sound, and dry.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment